B E   S T I L L  A N D   K N O W

Commit your way to the Lord,
trust in Him and He will act.
He will bring forth your righteousness as the light,
and your justice as the noonday.
Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him.

( p s a l m   3 7 : 5 - 7 )



















Recently, my mind has been fluttering with endless, overwhelming thoughts of the future and what lies ahead of graduation. One moment my stomach is filled with butterflies - giddy about all the possibilities, and the next i'm hit with a sinking feeling as reality slowly sets in. (Blog post coming soon about my uncertain plans + dreams - once i can gather all these crazy thoughts together. ha!)  But amidst the choas of my mind, my heart has been stilled. Stilled by an incredible God.

I can't help but take a step back and marvel at this close, intimate relationship we are able to have with Jesus. A couple of weeks ago the Holy Spirit gave my best friend, Renae, a word for me. How crazy?! At this point in time I felt like I was on a roller coaster in my relationship with Him. Close. Distanced. Close. Distanced. The sin and the worries of this world + of my own plans were causing me to slowly inch my way out of His presence. Oh, but God doesn't let us get away that easily! ha. I was praying and praying and praying, but i never took time to listen. God knew that i wasn't listening to His gentle, guiding whisper. BUT, here is the awesome part: we serve an unrelenting God, who is in constant pursuit of us. and because of this, He spoke to Renae at a time when i refused to be silent in His presence - so preoccupied with prayers of worry, forgetting that HE IS FAITHFUL. The message that the Holy Spirit gave to Renae was an answer to so many prayers that I had been tirelessly praying for so long. It stilled my heart. Calmed by fears. and reminded me that I am created by Him; He knows me and nothing is hidden from his sight. As i read the words from the Holy Spirit I started to cry and almost fell to my knees - so overwhelmed by His closeness and His intimate knowledge of my inmost being. His power is the only thing I need to rely on.

 I am the LORD your God who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar— the LORD of hosts is his name. And I have put my words in your mouth and covered you in the shadow of my hand,establishing the heavens and laying the foundations of the earth, and saying to Zion, ‘You are my people.

(  i s a i a h   5 1  :  1 5 - 1 6  )

God breathed life into existence. He created the heavens and the earth. The bible says the we are fearfully and wonderfully made..He knit us together in our mother's womb. just take a moment to relish in that...

He knit us together.

The powerful God who stirs up the seas, controls the wind and moves mountains made US - carefully hand crafting our beautifully intricate being. And here I was doubting that He would show up. Doubting his power. When all along, He has remained faithful.

A verse that the Holy Spirit led Renae to was John 15: 1-8 where Jesus says:

 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit. Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned. If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples. As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. 
A b i d e   i n   m y   l o v e . "


Not only did He create us, but he sacrificed His son, Jesus, to take on the sins of this world so that we could have a relationship with Him. Over and over Jesus says abide in me. Reading this was a reminder that i am nothing alone, but find my all in Christ. It reminded me to lay all my worries and fears at the foot of the cross and, as a result, God will work through me for the glory of His kingdom. As I approach this new season of life after high school, God has been preparing my heart and constantly teaching me to be still and know his strength is perfect. As we humble ourselves in His presence, His word is revealed to us. 

He is present + He speaks, we need only be still.

m u c h   l o v e ,
r a c h .

No comments :

Post a Comment