&   T O D A Y   W E   C E L E B R A T E
as i drove to the legislative grounds where the rest of my dressed up classmates awaited, i had a quiet moment alone with myself. this is it. i thought to myself. it felt a little surreal in that moment. hair and makeup done. dress on. accessories? check. an extra pair of flats for when my feet start to blister? check. the day that my friends and I had spent countless conversations talking about was finally here. i know that graduating from high school isn't the biggest thing. i realize that in ten years, this day may be an insignificant blur. and i recognize that these past three years won't be the most challenging years i will face. but, i think it marks a pretty significant time in our lives. a time where our decisions will lay the blueprint for the rest of our journey. a time where we will lose a lot of relationships, but will gain a whole lot more. these past three years have been better than i could have ever planned for myself. and now i'm ready to leave and see where life takes me because at this point, the possibilities are endless.
and on this day we celebrated.

much love,

rach

my sister took some ah-mazing portraits of my friends and i! there are many more on her blog. check them out here. thanks for capturing everything so beautifully, emily:)

5 comments :

  1. congratulations, these are certainly exciting times that are full of possibilities for you!

    i have to mention that i am a new visitor and have been oogling your blog for the last 20 mintues. the photography + words are so very lovely - you are a talented young woman. ;)

    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for such encouraging words :)
      xx,
      rach

      Delete
  2. how exciting!! congrats!
    you look stunning - your hair, dress, cardi - everything. so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is wonderful! Congratulations beautiful!

    ReplyDelete